What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal pain disorder often triggered by a physically or psychologically stressful event or trauma. As a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body, fibromyalgia symptoms tend to linger, even though the individual may have healed properly from the prior stressor or event. In other cases, the disorder may arise without a known cause or trigger.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Long-term pain, normally over three months
- Cognitive impairments
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Problems with mental processing
Types of Fibromyalgia:
- Joint Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Abdominal and Pelvic Pain
- Widespread muscle pain
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
- Abnormal pain messages due to changes in the central nervous system
- Low levels of certain hormones such as serotonin, dopamine, or norepinephrine
- Sleep problems
How can we help?
- Biofeedback helps you learn to decrease the pain caused by Fibromyalgia and to reduce the hyperarousal of the body’s nervous system..
- Neurofeedback reduces the emotional charge associated with fibromyalgia.
- Functional Medicine and Nutrition Counselling to help eliminate any nutritional deficiencies as the cause.
- Psychotherapy (Clinical Hypnosis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) helps with any psychological issues that might be feeding your fibromyalgia.