What are Strokes?
A stroke is a medical emergency that occurs when blood flow to the brain is blocked. Once an artery is blocked and the brain is unable to receive the necessary nutrients and oxygen, brain cells are damaged or die. Depending upon the area of the brain that is damaged, a stroke can cause long term impairment, disability, or even death.
Symptoms of Strokes include:
- Difficulty speaking or understanding
- Paralysis of legs, arms, or face, or one side of the body
- Vision difficulties
- Difficulty or inability to walk
- Sudden and severe headaches
Signs of Strokes:
- Numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Onset confusion, speech impairments, or understanding
- Difficulty seeing
- Trouble walking as a result of dizziness
- Loss of balance
Having a stroke may make it impossible for an individual to return to the way they were living before the incident. In some cases, it may result in permanent paralysis and or physical and cognitive impairment like dementia. Therefore, it is critical that the individual get immediate medical attention.
What causes Strokes?
People may have an increased risk for having a stroke if they have higher blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and for those who smoke. They can also occur as a result of other physiological and biological causes such as old age and family history. Additionally, older individuals are more likely to have a stroke, with individuals over the age of 55 being twice as likely than their younger counterparts.
Elumind’s Way of Help
Stroke recovery can be a grueling venture depending on how serious the stroke. In addition to traditional treatments and therapies, at Elumind, help you with recovery and rehabilitation through treatments such as Neurofeedback, Biofeedback, Life Coaching, and Nutrition Counselling.
- Neurofeedback trains the brain to rebuild or strengthen neural connections and brain tissue through the process of neuroplasticity that may have been damaged from the stroke.
- Biofeedback, like neurofeedback helps to restore the main central motor pathways that regulate muscle tone and functions
- Life Coaching and Nutrition Counseling help you to create and implement healthier habits for your life, including through nutrition, environment, and your vision for the future.