What is Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy?
Mindfulness-based psychotherapies (MBSR: Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction; MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy) are psychotherapeutic approaches that combine processes of Cognitive Therapy with mindfulness to improve mood and long-term health.
Originally designed to treat depression and unhappiness, Mindfulness-based psychotherapies have since been used extensively and effectively for much more such to treat anxiety, chronic pain, hypertension and heart disease and even cancer. Mindfulness itself is a practice of non-judgment, present moment awareness that allows an individual to attend to what is in front of her/him and staying with the thoughts, feelings and actions of that moment.
What benefits do you get from doing Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapies with Elumind?
• You learn how to enjoy moment to moment experiences and be more present with your thoughts, feelings and body sensations
• You appreciate the fresh outlook that present moment awareness provides
• You let go of attachments, aversions and anxiety related to these two
• You alleviate stress by improving emotion regulation, leading to a better mood and better ability to handle stress
• You are able to regulate your blood pressure, your breathing rate, your immune func-tion and your mental clarity
• You improve your athletic, job and academic performance by improving your brain functioning You will experience less burnout and less fatigue because of reduction in stress